West Valley Sanitation District has been providing high quality wastewater collection and disposal services for residents and businesses in our service area. The District is committed to quality, thoroughness, and personal service. The latest technology is used to ensure that we meet our commitment to you.
The District was formed in 1948 as County Sanitation District No. 4 of Santa Clara County under the provisions of the California County Sanitation District Act. In 1988 the District changed its name to West Valley Sanitation District of Santa Clara County, to reflect its geographical service area.
West Valley Sanitation District provides wastewater collection and disposal services for the cities of Campbell, Monte Sereno, Los Gatos, much of Saratoga and some unincorporated areas of the county within the district boundary.
- Beginning with a population of 20,000 in 1948, the District now serves approximately 110,000 persons.
- The District's service area is 18,112 acres, or approximately 28.3 square miles.
- The pipeline collection system maintained and operated by the District consists of 415 miles of main and trunk sewers and 187 miles of sewer laterals, for a total of 602 miles of sewer lines.
- The District provides sewer maintenance, repair, and rehabilitation throughout the entire system.