Various conditions warrant a District Permit, and they will established requirements for work occuring within the District.
A District Permit is required for:
- Septic tank abandonment.
- Remodel and/or addition to existing structure.
- New home construction.
- Construction of an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) or accessory building structure.
- Demolition of an existing building.
- Replacement or installation of any on-site or public right-of-way sewer lateral, cleanout, or backflow protection system.
- Construction, installation, or substantial repair of any on-site plumbing system connected to a sanitary sewer.
- Tenant improvement of any commercial, industrial, or quasi-public structure.
- Replacement or installation of any on-site or ROW sewer lateral, clean out, or backflow protection system.
- The change of business use in any commercial, industrial, or quasi-public structure.
Obtaining a District Permit or being issued a Project Clearance Letter requires you to:
- Email West Valley Sanitation District at email@example.com or call us at (408) 378-2407 (press 5) to discuss your project, and schecule a counter appointment.
- Submit required plans or documents or both for review and request a site investigation.
- Once the site investigation (two to three business days) and plan and document review (up to ten business days) are completed, the applicant will be notified of any requirements and fees and charges.