The District established procedures for connecting to the sewer system, created a variety of permits to cover various circumstances, and established requirements for contractors working within the District.
Sewer connection permits are required for:
- Septic tank abandonment and connection to the main sewer line.
- Remodels and or additions to existing connected structures.
- New home construction and connection to the main sewer line.
- Construction of an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) or accessory building structure.
- Demolition of an existing building and construction of a new building.
- Replacement or installation of any sewer lateral, clean out, or backflow protection system.
- Construction, installation, or substantial repair of any plumbing system which is connected to a sanitary sewer.
- The change of use in any commercial, industrial, or quasi-public structure which substantially impact the quantity or quality of the effluent flowing from the structure to the District's sanitary sewer system as determined by the District Manager and Engineer.
Procedure for Obtaining a Connection Permit and or Project Clearance Letter
- Email West Valley Sanitation District at email@example.com or call us at (408) 378-2407 (press 5) to discuss your project.
- Submit required plans or documents or both for review and request a site investigation.
- Once the site investigation (2-3 business days) and plan and document review (up to ten business days) are completed, the applicant will be notified of any requirements and fees.